HIGH SCHOOL MINISTRY POLICY DOCUMENT.
Reaching out to high school students so that they may develop their faith in Jesus Christ; that they may fight a good fight of faith and lay hold of eternal life as they grow to be resourceful professionals in the country.
Every student for Christ.
Main areas to be covered
- Adopted schools
- High School day.
- Weekly school visits.
- Training (ministers and ministry leaders).
- Weekend challenges.
- Ministry meeting.
- Leadership of high school ministry.
Handling the services and fellowships
- Create a good rapport with the administration.
- Ministry facilitators of various schools will be in charge of those high schools.
Duties of a ministry facilitators
- Work closely with CU leadership who will organize for the program within the prescribed time.
- Ensure the speaker is informed early in advance of the topic to be handled.
- Topics will be given early in advance.
- Ministry facilitators shall volunteer from among the team members.
- For all the schools the facilitators shall be a gentleman and a lady.
HIGH SCHOOL DAY
- Most preferably to be during the January- May semester since many high school ministers are available.
- Communication to schools should be done three months prior to the event (during the Christmas Holiday).
- Planning of the events: there should be five (5) members: two from the sub-committee and three members from the team. The coordinator is a member by default.
- High school day to be held on a Saturday starting from 9:00 am to latest by 4:00pm.
- Initial planning to be made four months before the day.
- Get speakers from outside or inside (for the case of career speaker) the campus.
- Work with K.S.C.F in inviting schools.
WEEKLY SCHOOL VISITS
- Ministers shall visit schools on week days as well as Sundays for ministration.
- In every visit ministers shall meet the school’s CU leaders for follow up.
- Teams visiting various schools are to meet up early enough to decide on who the speaker is and pray for the same.
- Ministers are to arrive in the schools early enough (Preferably 30 minutes) to starting time.
TRAINING (MINISTERS AND MINISTRY LEADERS)
- Training to be done every first semester of the year
- Training arrangement to be done by the leading team in collaboration with K.S.C.F.
- Liaise with K.S.C.F on leaders training days.
- Every high school minister should be ready to respond to the invited school.
- Seek for opportunities for weekend challenges.
- Programs are arranged by schools.
- The ministers to attend a weekend challenge must meet for a day of prayers and fasting.
- At least five people to go for a weekend challenge.
- Traveling as a team is highly recommended.
- The ministry shall have the meetings weekly for fellowship and continuous assessment.
- Every member is obliged to attend all the meetings unless having a compelling reason. (In case one is to miss the meeting, it’s always courteous to send apologies.).
- Ministry to meet earlier in the week to allow time for efficient preparation.
LEADERSHIP OF HIGH SCHOOL MINISTRY.
- Ministry coordinator.
- Prayer Secretary.
- Representatives (ministry facilitators/pastors of the adopted schools).