The JKUAT CHRISTIAN UNION is a non denominational fellowship of Christian students at the JKUAT main campus in Juja. Our goal is to fellowship together as students, encouraging one another and proclaiming the gospel of Jesus both throughout the campus and also without campus. We fellowship every Wednesday from 7:30pm to 9:00pm at the JKUAT Main Campus Assembly Hall and on Sundays we have three services.The first service is from 7:00 am to 8:40 am,second service is from 9:00 am to 10:40 am. Both the first and the second services are held at both the Lecture Theatres(LT1 & LT2) at the New Science Complex(NSC),whereas the main service(Third) begins at 11:00 am to 12:40 PM at the JKUAT main campus Assembly Hall.
Membership is open to all JKUAT Main Campus students. We hold various programs such as Bible Study and Discipleship to ensure the Church is well grounded in Christian principle and in the word of God. We also have various diverse ministries where one can serve, these can be viewed on our Sub-committees page. We also have various projects ongoing, the major one being the Tujenge Kasiluni project which is aimed at providing sustainable sanitation facilities, clean drinking water and quality permanent learning classrooms at Kasiluni primary school and lighting for Kasiluni primary and the surrounding Kasiluni community in Mwingi, Kitui County, Kenya. Every year we also go out to spread the gospel to diverse areas in Kenya, especially those that haven’t been widely reached with the gospel.
We are affiliated with FOCUS(Fellowship of Christian Unions), which is an organization that serves as an umbrella body bringing together Christian unions from different universities and colleges throughout Kenya. FOCUS’ aim is to facilitate mutual support, inter-campus sharing of ideas and sharpening of leadership capacities for effective Christian work within the affiliated institutions and later in the world of work. We also work with many other organizations with whom we share the same beliefs with.
To be the voice in this generation, in and out of campus; being perfect models of Godly
To evangelize by influence, lifestyle and through other inreach/outreach modes, to the Church and society and to equip leaders in all areas of leadership.
- To preach Jesus Christ to others with a view of their personal commitment to Christ within and without the University.
- To promote maturity in the Christian faith and life among members.
- To encourage fellowship amongst members at personal level.
- To fellowship with other Christian organizations which share similar objectives and doctrinal basis.
- To provide Sunday service and Children’s Fellowship to the University Community.
- The unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The sovereignty of God in the creation.
- Redemption from guilt, penalty, dominion and pollution of sin, solely through the sacrificial and substitution death of our Lord Jesus Christ as our representative.
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead and his ascension to the right hand of God the Father.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God alone through faith.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in a believer’s life.
- The in dwelling and the working of the Holy Spirit in a believer’s life.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The one Holy Universal Church which is the body of Christ to which all believers belong.
- The unity of believers in the body of Christ without discrimination.